Monday, January 16, 2012

Taking it all in stride


I got my big girl pants on today! 

I was finally able to put pants on by myself today! HIP HIP, hooray! I'm still not able to put socks or shoes on my right foot. But it's definitely "a step in the right direction" so to speak. 

I realized that changing out of my pajamas during the day, is a huge help in keeping me chipper. Also, having visitors has been awesome. 

A friend came over to visit yesterday and we just sat outside on the porch and watched the dog chase birds and run around. Just like a couple of old retired broads. It was really nice. 

I still get jealous anytime I see people walking, running, standing on both feet. Sigh...

Showering is getting easier, though. Luckily, we have a shower stool from my grandma, so I've been using that. I'm getting really good at condensing my shower time. I used to take about 10-15 minute showers. Now I'm down to about 5 minutes. I'm saving water for the fishies! 

Happy MLK day! 

And now, your moment of zen...

So true...




6 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahaha:) LOVE reading these. They make me smile:)))) Glad your getting around a little better and nothing like saving water for the fishes;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha thanks Tiff ;) i miss you guys! Not the place, just the people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your ok with me jumping on here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I'm ok with it! It's here for your reading pleasure :) Thanks for taking the time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny running pic, except I will look awesome in my new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, I'm sure you will! I wish I could run...

    ReplyDelete